That’s right, the Kombat Arts weekly link dump is back and…exactly the same as before! Up top, a jiu jitsu nerd’s dream comes true as Marcelo Garcia rolls with Eddie Bravo for the better part of an hour. Below, a roundup of the week’s best MMA, martial arts, health and lifestyle bits from around the interwebs.
- Where’s Buakaw? The popular Thai kickboxer has disappeared from training camp and is nowhere to be found, and wasn’t kind enough to leave a trail of destruction to follow. Hope everything is A-OK with the champ. [Bangkok Post]
- From concerns about shrinking fabrics to making sure it smells fresh out the laundry, here’s everything you need to know about buying and caring for your Gi. You guys do laundry, right? [Jiu Jitsu Magazine]
- Are you unreasonably good at making up excuses when it comes to your health? (Not compared to me, you’re not.) Here’s a list of five common mental roadblocks, and how to “destroy” them. [Zen Habits]
- In this video, Rener and Ryron Graice show us exactly how Ronda Rousey mangled Miesha Tate’s arm. What was Tate’s biggest mistake? No, that’s not a Bryan Caraway joke. [Gracie Breakdown]
- This one’s for all the southpaws, and all their haters, too. Part one of The Southpaw Striking Guide. [Fights Gone By]
- Ben Fowlkes spent a year at the Grudge training center, documenting the ups-and-downs in the lives of a world class fight team. Read the first chapter of what promises to be a great ongoing series. [MMA Fighting]
Thanks to Kombat’s Twitterstream for swapping resources. Follow us @kombatarts!