Once again, here’s Kru Brian Naidu with the lowdown on the CSC Provincial Championship matches held over the weekend. Great showing by the entire Kombat Arts team!
This weekend Team Kombat represented with 9 athletes at the 2012 Provincials.
- Sahil Sharma won his fight with a 2nd round stoppage to win the title.
- Kyran Cameron lost a very close fight in which we think he won, but it is what it is. Silver Medal.
Bracket C – Light Contact:
- John Said won his bout by unanimous decision for the title. John showed great control and skill.
- Rahul Sharma lost a VERY close bout, which could have gone either way. He demonstrated great improvement and fought a great bout. Silver Medal.
- Sammi Said won his bout by stoppage in the first round for the title. Sammi is a little beast. – Championship
- Brandon opened the day with a battle against our friends at P4P. He lost the bout but still showed us he has heart. Bronze Medal.
- Kunal Pun had his rematch against Zack from P4P. After their very close fight four weeks ago, this was the bout we were all looking forward to. Kunal came in hungry and won, moving on to the finals in afternoon.
- Carolyn Carty also had her rematch against Mallory from Kalsemrit. This was an awesome fight! It went to an extra round to decide the winner. Both ladies showed incredible heart. Carolyn lost but is a winner in our minds. Can’t wait for a third fight between these ladies.
- Kunal Pun faced off against Sammy from P4P. This was a great fight and went to a split decision. Kunal won by a one-point difference. Kuanl and P4P must have some weird thing going, because all of his three close and controversial fights have been against athletes from their club. Can’t wait for the rematch!
- Danelie was our last fight of the weekend and won by a third round stoppage to win the title.
5 Provincial Champions
2 Silver medals
2 Bronze medals
Thank you to all the coaches and Krus who helped prepare our athletes for the weekend. Thanks to the Pike family, Said family, Sharma family, Jessica, Ameila and Brandon’s friends for coming and cheering on our athletes. I was a little disappointed by the lack of support from Kombat students at the event. I would love to see the large family crew at the 2013 Nationals in February.
Finally, huge thanks to Chris Hill who was there with me from early morning till the end of the tournament; Colin Pinch for coming in Saturday evening to help with the kids; Roberto Mastromarini for helping prepare and motivate the kids; Lee for helping with the senior athletes Saturday and Sunday; and finally, Kru Joey, for without you we wouldn’t have these incredible athletes and coaches.
This was an incredible 2012 for the Kombat team, who hauled in a total of 12 Titles this year.
- 2 CASK National Titles
- 5 CSC Provincial Titles
- 4 CSC Grand Prix Titles
- 1 Thai Boxing Association Title
Congratulations to ALL the athletes this year on your performance and dedication. Kombat 4 Life.
Time to rest and relax this up-coming holiday season.
Khrap Khun Khap,
Kru Brian Naidu