Krav Maga’s literal translation means “close combat” or “contact combat.” It is a reality based self defence system that teaches the student striking, basic grappling, defence against weapons and defence against multiple attackers.
The goal is to train the student to use enough force to escape from their attacker. Not to stay and make the confrontation like a Boxing match; going back and forth exchanging blows. The main goal is to escape from the attacker.
This is a popular class with students because:
- The class is a great workout.
- The student will learn how to defend themselves while under stress.
- Even though Krav Maga has techniques, the beauty is learning the concepts, which can be applied to every situation.
- It is a great blend of striking, clinching and grappling.
- The system has techniques and tactics to defend against weapons and multiple opponents.