Joey De Los Reyes: Movement Practitioner
At the Kombat Arts Training Academy we are blessed to have over 400 students. But the learning doesn’t begin and end at the gym. We have a community of people who are driven to improve their knowledge of not just punches, kicks, and armbars. One of our members, Brandon Lalsingh, is a Champion Muay Thai Athlete, who also attends Humber College. He was tasked with the project to interview a Movement Practitioner. Who better to choose than our very own Kru Joey De Los Reyes?
Here are the questions and audio for the interview. Give it a listen and hear how Joey approaches movement and teaches others movement skills.
1. What do you like most about teaching skills to people?
2. What do you like least about teaching skills to people?
3. What is the easiest part of your job?
4. What is the toughest part of your job?
5. What skills do you find the most difficult to teach?
6. What skills do you find the easiest to teach?
7. What is the biggest challenge you face when you are trying to help a person improve his or her skill?
8. What techniques have you found to be most effective when teaching people skills?
9. What suggestions do you have for teaching people new skills?
10. What suggestions do you have for motivating people to learn new skills?
11. In your opinion, what are the most effective forms of feedback you can provide while teaching someone a new skill?
12. How does knowledge of the body influence your teaching?
13. How does knowledge of the brain influence your teaching?
14. What teaching method/philosophy do you most often employ?
15. How do you see your profession changing in the future?
For a FREE 14 Day Trial , please fill out this form.
Sign up for the Kombat Newsletter. There’s a form on the right hand side of this page.