If you missed it from a couple weeks back, check out Michael Schiavello’s interview with Badr Hari above. It’s a close look at one of the most controversial athletes in kickboxing. More good stuff:
- From wanting to be a ninja to finding a home at Kombat, our very own Lisa Dunn writes about how she became a “Muay Thai Mommy.” [Yummy Mummy Club]
- Recently unearthed: ancient footage from the UFC 4 press conference. That was, what, 200 years ago? I feel so old. Anyway, great find for any serious fight fan. [The Fight Nerd]
- You can accuse guys like GSP and Yoshihiro Akiyama of cheating as much as you want — in some wrestling circles, grease is just an expected aspect of the sport. Check out this story on traditional Turkish oil wrestling, a sporting event which goes back 600 years. [The Wall Street Journal]
- Whether we’re talking about stress, confidence or anxiety, it’s no secret that the mind is linked with the body and influences our daily performance levels. Here are “six scientific strategies you can use to think your way to better health.” [Men’s Health]
- There will be a lot of good things to come from the Zuffa acquisition of Strikeforce. However, it may turn out that a possible downside will be the end of high profile women’s MMA. Sherdog reports on the uncertainty ahead. [Sherdog]
- A recent study shows that sports helps ease aggression in boys. [Science Daily]
Thanks to Kombat’s Twitterstream for swapping resources. Follow us @KombatArts!