As the world marks the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks, check out “A Fighting Spirit”, a short film about the New York MMA community and its reflections on the tragedy.
More stuff for your lazy Sunday:
- Ground wizard Marcelo Garcia shows the basic butterfly sweep from the open guard. [BJJ Weekly]
- Weight Pentathlon record holder Dan John shares some solid athletic advice (geared towards lifters) in the first installment of his series, “40 Years of Insight.” [T Nation]
- Great interview with Bellator’s Ben Saunders, who gets very candid about his run in the UFC and his battle with injuries and depression. Gotta love a fighter who reps JKD. [MMA Mania] [Part II]
- More boxing drama in the third episode of HBO’s Mayweather-Ortiz 24/7. [Mtbbisback]
- Josh Barnett and Sensei Erik Paulson go shopping for a jacket. Cue laughter. Hilarious profile by Ben Fowlkes. [MMA Fighting]
- Maybe you don’t care about Josh Barnett shopping for a jacket. You only care about his serial killer calm while wrapping people up in preztels. Ok ok, I got you. Check this Judo Chop breakdown of Barnett’s catch wrestling submission skills. [Bloody Elbow]
Thanks to Kombat’s Twitterstream for swapping resources. Follow us @KombatArts!