- Continuing his list of things to love about MMA, Jonathan Snowden reminisces over Royce Gracie’s 90-minute war with Kazushi Sakuraba, maybe the greatest fight of the sport’s golden era. [SB NATION MMA]
- Speaking of the golden age, Tito Ortiz’s blog entries leading up to his landmark victory over Ryan Bader let us into his head (thick as it is), perfectly capturing the emotions of man who was once the best in the world but was now fighting for his career. [ESPN]
- Apologies if we’re on a bit of a history lesson kick, but hey, if you’re enjoying these pieces and are looking for some decent summer beach reads, check out this list of the best MMA books ever written. Good mix of history, biographies and instructional books. [Bloody Elbow]
- Besides lazing around with a book, know what else is great about summer? Working out outdoors. This list of no-nonsense bodyweight exercises are perfect for the playground. [Art of Manliness]
- And lastly, the perfect fuel for those bodyweight exercises: eggs. As it turns out, all the conventional wisdom about the dangers of eggs have been greatly eggsagerated (I’m hilarious, and I’m here all week!). The real problem with eggs is that they can get pretty boring, so why not switch things up: here’s five new ways to eat your eggs. [Livestrong]
Thanks to Kombat’s Twitterstream for swapping resources. Follow us @KombatArts!