We most likely lost Junior Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem this week, but at least we still have Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans. For now, at least. Let’s not jinx this.
Happy Easter, Kombat!
- For those of you who live under a rock, or have more of a life than I do (likely!), heavyweight title challenger Alistair Overeem failed a random drug test and sent the MMA world into a tizzy. That’s right, I said tizzy. [MMA Fighting]
- Forget overdosing on motivational sayings. If you want to succeed in the gym, just stop being aimless and “Have a Freaking Goal.” [Gawker]
- For Paralympian athlete Daniel Westley, twice daily meditation is key to recovering from grueling training sessions. [Vancouver Sun]
- 12 Truths to Tell Yourself After a Mistake or Failure. [Marc and Angel Hack Life]
- Catch the full event video for India’s Super Fight League 2, featuring Minowaman, Alexander Shlemenko, Todd Duffee, and more. “Watch for the concert, stay for the fights!” [Bloody Elbow]
- Guard your spleen as we take a closer look at the striking style of the man, the myth, the handsome one, Bas Rutten. [Fights Gone By]
- It’s been a strange week for MMA videos. I won’t link to Rampage Jackson’s incredibly weird/sad/offensive How-To video, but if you want to see Tim Kennedy in the best Katy Perry video ever, here ya go. [Ranger Up Video]
- And finally, because we have to mention rabbits today, this Hennessy ad starring Manny Pacquiao is pretty slick. “What’s your wild rabbit?” [HennessyUS]
Thanks to Kombat’s Twitterstream for swapping resources. Follow us @kombatarts!