- Jean-Jacques Machado was recently promoted to red/black belt by Rickson Gracie. Due to a birth defect, Machado was born fingerless on his left hand. Despite this, he’s a champion no-gi grappler, the proud owner of ADCC gold and two silver medals. Check out his gi ceremony. [Sherdog]
- A lot of casual observers assume MMA fans to be the rowdiest of sports crowds. The riots in Vancouver last week following a hockey game, however, set an interesting contrast with the city’s reception of the UFC just a few days prior. As many have argued since, maybe it’s time to cut MMA fans some slack. [8 Count News]
- Despite all the new info out there, many of us still follow the same old conventional wisdom when approaching our workouts. Where did this knowledge come from and why do we still trust it? Here are the five biggest exercise myths. [Yahoo! Health]
- Nate Quarry may or not be done with his MMA career but that doesn’t mean he’s done with his sporting life. Last week he ran the 26.2-mile Mayor’s Marathon in Anchorage, Alaska, to celebrate the five-year anniversary of his back surgery. [Anchorage Daily News]
- If you’ve ever wanted to spend 72 hours with Urijah Faber, well, here you go. (Stalker.) [MMAWeeklyVideos]
- Thierry Marx is best known as a world class French cuisine chef (if you’re addicted to the Food Network, you may have seen him pop up on a reality show here and there). He’s also a dedicated black belt in Judo. The Financial Times visited him not for cooking tips, but to pick his brain about the gentle way. [The Financial Times]
Thanks to Kombat’s Twitterstream for swapping resources. Follow us @KombatArts!