Will my girl Gina Carano rake it in at the box office? Will I ever get these Sunday link dumps back on schedule? Stay tuned. Until then, more links. Glorious links.
- Packed with protein and “good” fats, salmon is one awesome foodstuff. Unfortunately, because of polluted waters and the state of the farming industry, what you get at the store isn’t always the best quality. Here are five tips for buying the best salmon. [Summer Tomato]
- Last week was one hell of a scorcher, and summer isn’t done with us just yet. Now is a good time to read up on just how extreme heat affects the body. [Health Zone]
- There’s no question that hormones like testosterone and estrogen affect the body in ways athletes must heed, but is it true that a woman’s menstrual cycle hinders her ability as an endurance athlete? Gretchen Reynolds writes about athletic performance and the monthly cycle. [New York Times Blogs]
- How is it exactly that people gain weight? The New York Times examines the results of some recent studies and questions the wisdom of those who advise to merely “eat less and exercise more.” Counting calories, it turns out, may be outdated. [The New York Times]
- Christian Graugart is a BJJ globetrotter who travels around the world on the barest of budgets, learning from and training with BJJ players everywhere. He shares some really interesting insights on life, vagabonding and jiu-jitsu, and shares some travel tips for frugal martial artists. [Jits Magazine]
- Our very own Kru Joey De Los Reyes is featured in this awesome profile where he talks about his training history and how martial arts have changed over the years. Great stuff, check it out! [Strong Athlete]
Thanks to Kombat’s Twitterstream for swapping resources. Follow us @KombatArts!